Mexican Lasagna With Noodles
Main Dish or Side Dish
This dish is great as an appetizer or as a side dish to go along with any type of Mexican food you may be serving. I have served it as a main course with a side salad. Very easy to make, and both children and adults really like it.
- 12 no boil lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 can of re-fried beans
- 1 ½ tsp. of cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa or 2 ½ cups of homemade salsa
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of sour cream
- ½ cup of sliced black olives or ¼ cup of green and ¼ cup of black
- 1-1/4 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 1-1/4 cups of grated Monterey Jack cheese
- (I like to use the Monterey Jack with jalapenos)
- 4 – 5 green onions chopped
- Fry ground beef with chopped onions and drain.
- In a bowl combine ground beef, re-fried beans, cumin and garlic powder.
- In the bottom of a 9” X 13” greased pan place four noodles. Over the top of the noodles evenly spread half of your meat and bean mixture. Sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese over the meat and bean mixture. Add four noodles and then the rest of your meat and bean mixture. Sprinkle again with the remaining cheddar cheese. Top with four more noodles.
- Mix salsa and water together and pour over the noodles.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread sour cream on the top of noodles. Add chopped green onions, olives, and sprinkle with Monterrey Jack cheese.
- Put back into the oven for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Serve with Tostitos Scoops or your favorite type of chips.
Options for Mexican Lasagna
You can also make this with a taco-seasoning package rather than using the garlic and cumin. If you don’t like olives omit them.
Another Great Mexican Dish
If you like Enchiladas I know of a recipe for an Enchilada Pie right here on HubPages by Rusticliving that I'm sure you'll want to have a peek at.
Who Doesn't Like Nachos
- Mile High Nachos Recipe
Easy and fast recipe for Nachos. Guacamole recipe included. Make as an appetizer or have as a meal. Cheesy, spicy and delicious.
© 2011 Susan Zutautas