Recipe: How to Make Easy Taco Bell Chicken Chipotle Quesadillas with "That Sauce"
Oh, that yummy quesadilla sauce!
For too many years, I've been eating and loving the Taco Bell Chicken Quesadilla. It used to cost less than $2, and more recently, I paid almost $3 for one. While definitely still worth every penny, I came up with a slightly more cost-effective solution to feed my Taco Bell chicken quesadilla addiction. Though I couldn't find or create a homemade jalapeno sauce that exactly matched their chipotle-jalapeno-flavored sauce, this mixture comes close. If you're in a time crunch or want an easier solution, you can quickly and easily assemble your own quesadilla and add one of their new bottled sauces to flavor it. Yum!
The homemade jalapeno sauce mixture calls for these ingredients mixed together:
6 TBS mayo
2 tsp jalapeno juice
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp sugar
An at-home sauce for chicken quesadillas!
- 2 tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar +/- monterey jack
- 1/4 cup cooked chicken chunks
- 2 TBS Taco Bell Chipotle Sauce
- Warm one tortilla in an oiled pan; place all other ingredients on top, and cover with second tortilla.
- Warm until tortilla is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Mmm. Quesadilla.