- Food and Cooking
Recipe - Jamaican sweet potato pudding
Back home in Jamaica we love to make sweet potato pudding. I have watched my grandmother and mother make this pudding and never saw them measured their ingredients, they just bake without using any kind of measurement. I have also baked without measuring ingredients.
Here is the recipe:- this is not standard just a guide.
* 2 pounds sweet potato
* 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1 cup flour
* 2 cups coconut milk
* 1 cup raisins
* 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 teaspoon almond extract
* 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
* 2 tablespoon jamaican rum - (optional)
* 2 tablespoon margarine, melted
1. Wash and peel potatoes.
2. Grate sweet potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add sugar, flour, cornmeal,baking powder, raisins and coconut milk.
4. Add melted margarine, nutmeg, cinnamon powder, rum, vanilla and almond extract, mix well.
6. Grease pan, pour in batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes or until well done.
******Hope you enjoy this recipe******