Recipe Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala
Original recipe for Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala. Oven-roasted chicken breast stuffed with Italian cheeses, smoked Gouda and sun-dried tomatoes, topped with mushrooms and a creamy Marsala sauce. Served with garlic Parmesan mashed potatoes. This dish is so delicious and flavorful. Your family wont believe that you made it at home its that good.
- 4 big skinless boneless chicken breats
- Cheese stuffing ingredients
- 3.5 oz or 1/2 cup smoked Gouda
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoon Sun dried Tomato flakes, (if in oil- drain first)
- 1/2 cup Cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- Sauce Ingredients
- 4 oz heavy whipping cream
- 6 cups portobello mushrooms thinly sliced
- 12 ounces Marsala wine
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoon Olive oil
- canola oil spray for you baking pan
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 small onion chopped
- Lay out a cutting board. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the cutting board. Lay 1 piece of chicken on the plastic wrap. Slice the boneless chicken to butterfly it. Make sure the pieces stay attached and you don't cut it completely into 2 pieces. (You want to be able to stuff the chicken with the cheese ingredients).
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap over one half of the chicken. Start pounding that half of the chicken till 1/4 inch thick. Repeat the other side of the chicken piece till both sides of the chicken are thinned out. Set aside and do this to all your boneless pieces of chicken.
- Preheat your oven to 350. Start to make your stuffing. Shred your Gouda cheese with a grater and place in a big bowl.
- To that big bowl finish with the rest of your stuffing ingredients: mozzarella cheese;Parmesan; cracker crumbs;garlic;crushed red pepper;sun dried tomato; green onions; sour cream; and salt/pepper.
- Move your pounded chicken to the counter. Start to stuff each chicken breast with the cheese stuffing.Fold back over and cover the chicken.Complete this till you have all your chicken breasts done.
- Get out a small baking pan. Sprinkle the 2 cups of flour in the pan. Dredge the stuffed chicken breasts in the flour to cover both sides. Place on a plate till all your chicken breasts are covered with flour.
- Heat up 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a saute pan. When heated- start to place your floured stuffed chicken in the pan. Brown the chicken on both sides. You will want to use a spatula to flip the chicken since they will be thick. When all your chicken in golden- place in a baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 40 minutes till chicken is cooked thru.
- While your chicken is cooking- start to make your delicious Marsala sauce.
- In the pan that you browned your chicken in- add the 3 Tablespoons of butter. Chop your onions and mushrooms and add to that pan. Scrape the bottom of the pan. You want the chicken bits in the sauce. When your mushrooms are saute and your onions are translucent- deg laze the pan with the Marsala wine. Bring the wine to a simmer and add the heavy whipping cream. Simmer on the stove till the sauce is reduced by half. The sauce will not be as thick as gravy, but will be a little thick consistency.
- When your chicken is done, and you can see the stuffing bubbling from the sides; place it on a serving plate. Top with the Marsala wine sauce, and serve like the olive garden does with mashed potatoes. You can even use the Marsala wine sauce on your potatoes as well. So delicious and taste exactly like the olive garden.
How to grate cheese correctly
How to butterfly a chicken breast
In our house a whole chicken breast per person is allot of food. When you flatten the chicken- for some reason it seems to be more food. We half this and each person gets a half of a chicken breast. When you have the stuffing in the chicken it is a good portion of food for each serving. If you do this- than this will be 8 servings. If you have good eaters in your household than this will be 4 servings.
Enjoy your Olive garden stuffed chicken Marsala recipe. It is so delicious.
If you like this recipe- try the Olive Garden Braised Beef and Tortellini Recipe.. It is also so delicious...your family just might think you ordered this to go.
If you are into Chicken Marsala but don't like the stuffed option- than try the Geracis restaurant Chicken Marsala recipe. It so delicious..