Simple, Quick, and Delicious White Cream Pasta Sauce Recipe
I've spent quite a bit of time trying to perfect this white cream pasta sauce, and make it on a regular basis. I eat it frequently mostly because I love pasta and it's the quickest and most delicious homemade sauce I've been able to make so far, with limited/basic ingredients.
If it appears that the recipe is vague, don't fret; this is by design. This recipe is extremely versatile and so simple that it can be used as a base for your own creations. Just experiment with this basic recipe and see what's easiest and best for you.
- A hefty scoop (roughly 3-4 tablespoons) Butter or Margarine
- 2 tbs. (may vary depending on batch) Flour
- 2+ cups (added until desired thickness and amount reached) Heavy Whipping Cream or Milk or Similar, If using heavy whipping cream, use less flour because it thickens better than milk.
- 1-2 tsp. (or to taste) Salt
- 1-2 tsp. (or to taste) Pepper
- 1-2 cups (Optional) Cheeses (Parmesan and Mozarella), Shredded or Grated
- Varies (Optional) Additional Spices as Desired
- Get a small saucepan.
- Set the stove-top to medium-high.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add flour. (Enough to mix well with the butter.)
- Mix butter and flour, then continue stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add about a third of the whipping cream or milk or whatever you choose to use.
- Stir well and let stir periodically until thickened.
- Continue steps 6 and 7 until all of the milk (or whatever you chose) has been added.
- Make sure there are no lumps of flour and now add your other ingredients to taste. (cheese, salt, pepper, spices, etc.)
This is a very versatile recipe and you can add tons of things; almost anything you can think of will go well in this pasta sauce, just experiment! Also, a final note: If the sauce is too thick, add more milk or whipping cream. If the sauce is too thin, add a little more flour.
I hope this recipe is helpful and delicious! Feel free to leave feedback in the comments on how I may be able to improve the recipe or make it clearer to understand.