- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Pork Riblets With Marinade Recipe
The Price Was Right
I don’t usually don’t buy pork riblets because there never seems to be enough meat on them. However the other day I came across a good deal for them and I cannot pass up a good price when it comes to food shopping.
The riblet used to be thrown out by butchers at one time, but have become popular due to their great taste and lower price.
Cooking and prep time does not include the three hours that the riblets need to be refrigerated for in the marinade.
- 3-4 pounds of Pork Riblets
- Chicken Broth
- Soya Sauce
- Italian Salad Dressing
- Dijon Mustard
Marinade for Pork Riblets
- 1-cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbs. low sodium Soya sauce
- 2 Tbs. Honey
- Mix up the marinade and pour over pork riblets in glass dish or marinating dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, longer if you wish. After 1 ½ hours flip the riblets over to make sure they get well marinated.
An hour before you want to serve dinner, foil line a baking dish (easier for clean up)
Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix ½ cup of Italian low calorie salad dressing with 1 tsp ginger and 2 Tsp Dijon mustard and whisk to mix.
- Place riblets into baking dish meaty side up. Brush the basting sauce onto the riblets and cook in oven for 45 – 60 min.
Enjoyed By All
This was the first time that I used this recipe and I was not sure how it would taste because I just looked in the fridge and thought okay I'll use this, this and this. My family really enjoyed the riblets and my husband was looking for more. This recipe fed four people.
These riblets would be great on the barbeque and since there is not a lot of meat on them, they would grill fairly fast.
Along with the riblets I served brown rice and a salad.