Recipe Creamy Potato Bacon Soup Like Tim Hortons
If you are familiar with Tim Hortons and like their Potato Bacon soup, you will really like my recipe for this home-made soup. Tim Hortons is a coffee franchisee in North America. Not only do they make superb coffee but the soup they serve is delicious. After having my first bowl of this potato soup, I went on a mission to figure out how I could make this soup in my own kitchen. After trying different ways to imitate the same great taste this is what I came up with.
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Ready in: 50 min
- Yields: Serves 4-6 people
- 1 pound of Bacon Chopped
- 2 cups of diced onions
- 6 - 7 cups of potatoes cut into cubes
- 2 cans of sodium reduced cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of low fat sour cream
- 2 1/4 cups of 1% milk
- Marjoram (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh Chives or green onions (Optional)
- I find that if your bacon is partially frozen it is a bit easier to cut up. First start with cutting your bacon and then frying it for about five minutes.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté 3-4 minutes. Drain and put aside.
- Cook cubed potatoes in a large pot in 2 1/2 cups of water. Make sure to measure the water as you will be using this water for the soup. Cook for fifteen minutes.
- Add sour cream to the potatoes stirring well.
- Add 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and stir.
- Add bacon and onions. Sprinkle with Marjoram lightly, about 1/8th of teaspoon. Stir, then gradually add 2 1/4 cups of milk stirring as you go.
- Heat, but do not allow the soup to boil.
- I do not add salt and pepper right to the soup, I have it on the table along with a small bowl of fresh chives or green onions, for those that want to add it.
- French or Italian bread along with a salad with this soup makes a great meal.
- Potatoes And Potato Peels Antitoxins Healthy Benefits
Most people peel their potatoes without realizing how many vitamins, nutrients, fiber and antitoxins they are throwing out.