- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Recipe Creamy Potato Bacon Soup Like Tim Hortons
If you are familiar with Tim Hortons and like their Potato Bacon soup, you will really like my recipe for this home-made soup. Tim Hortons is a coffee franchisee in North America. Not only do they make superb coffee but the soup they serve is delicious. After having my first bowl of this potato soup, I went on a mission to figure out how I could make this soup in my own kitchen. After trying different ways to imitate the same great taste this is what I came up with.
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Ready in: 50 min
- Yields: Serves 4-6 people
- 1 pound of Bacon Chopped
- 2 cups of diced onions
- 6 - 7 cups of potatoes cut into cubes
- 2 cans of sodium reduced cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of low fat sour cream
- 2 1/4 cups of 1% milk
- Marjoram (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh Chives or green onions (Optional)
- I find that if your bacon is partially frozen it is a bit easier to cut up. First start with cutting your bacon and then frying it for about five minutes.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté 3-4 minutes. Drain and put aside.
- Cook cubed potatoes in a large pot in 2 1/2 cups of water. Make sure to measure the water as you will be using this water for the soup. Cook for fifteen minutes.
- Add sour cream to the potatoes stirring well.
- Add 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and stir.
- Add bacon and onions. Sprinkle with Marjoram lightly, about 1/8th of teaspoon. Stir, then gradually add 2 1/4 cups of milk stirring as you go.
- Heat, but do not allow the soup to boil.
- I do not add salt and pepper right to the soup, I have it on the table along with a small bowl of fresh chives or green onions, for those that want to add it.
- French or Italian bread along with a salad with this soup makes a great meal.
- Potatoes And Potato Peels Antitoxins Healthy Benefits
Most people peel their potatoes without realizing how many vitamins, nutrients, fiber and antitoxins they are throwing out.