- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pork Recipes
Butterflied Pork Chops Stuffed and Grilled Recipe
Background about this recipe
I bought what I presumed was a boneless pork loin roast. I must have been in a hurry when I was going through the meat department that day, as I did not notice all the cuts that were in the roast. When I defrosted the roast and cut open the bag that contained the meat, I saw that it was cut into eleven sections but not cut completely all the way through. I had been wanting to and make a stuffed pork roast on the barbeque for some time, and thought to myself, okay this is the perfect time to try this. I did not use an actual traditional stuffing. I must say that this did come out pretty tasty for what I did stuff the chops with.
- 1 large boneless pork roast
- 2 large sweet onions sliced thick
- Green and black olives sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves sliced
- Fresh ground pepper
- 8 wooden skewers
- Start by placing sliced garlic and onion slices into the cut parts of the roast.
- Add as many green and or black olives that you would like.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.
- Insert wooden skewers.
- This was made on a 3-burner gas barbecue. Turn on the left and right burner to medium. In the center of the barbecue place a foil pan with about ½ inch of water in the bottom. Place your meat in the foil pan.
- Close the lid on the barbecue and cook for approximately 1-½ hours or until meat thermometer reads 160F.
- Remove and place on a dish, cover with foil for ten minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
© 2011 Susan Zutautas