How to prepare Khandvi?
- 3/4 cup curd
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup besan (gram flour)
- 1/2 tsp haldi (turmeric) powder
- a pinch hing (asafoetida)
- 1 tsp chilli-ginger paste
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 green chillies, vertically slit from the middle
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp coconut, grated
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Mix all the ingredients for the khandvi (till salt in the above list) in a deep microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 80% power for 4-5 minutes stirring in between. Again microwave for 3-4 min. at 80% power, stirring in between, until the mixture thickens.
- Take out the mixture and spread it as thinly as possible on a thick polythene sheet with the help of a flat bowl. As it cools, cut into broad strips and roll them into small rolls and serve them in a serving dish.
- For Tempering: Take all the ingredients (mentioned after salt and before coconut in the above list) for tempering in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 100% for 2 min. Pour this tempering on the khandvi rolls in the serving dish.
- For Garnishing: Sprinkle coriander leaves and grated coconut on the khandvi and serve with a smile.