Easy Recipe for BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches in the Crock Pot
BBQ Pork Sandwich
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
This is an easy recipe that is made primarily in the crockpot. I usually throw the meat in the crockpot in the morning and turn it on high. When I get home from work I pull it out of the crockpot and stick it in the fridge to cool off while I change. Then I get the bbq sauce on the stove and get that simmering. Next, I drain the liquid out of the crockpot and pull the pork and throw it back in there with the crock pot set on low. When the BBQ sauce is done, I pour it over the top of the meat and viola!
All you need to do to finsh of dinner is grab some chips and buns. This recipe yields plenty to freeze for a later meal or to have lunch in the fridge or a few days!
This recipe is great for serving at a birthday party or family gathering or at a potluck.
Rate this Recipe
- 3 lb (ish) Pork Roast
- 1 bottle Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 c. Ketchup
- 3 tbsp Worsestershire Sauce
- 3/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/3 c. water
- Put the Pork Roast in the crockpot and pour about half a bottle of apple cider vinegar in with it. If cooking for lunch place in crockpot the night before and cook on low. If for supper place in crockpot in the morning and cook on high for about 7-8 hours and then place on low.
- When ready to pull apart the pork remove from crockpot and place in fridge or freezer to cool. Drain Fluids. While roast is cooling, Make BBQ sauce.
- Put all the non-meat ingrediants into a small saucepan and bring to a boil on medium high, stirring frequently until ingrediants are completely blended.
- Reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is simmering pull pork apart and return to the crockpot on "low" or "warm".
- After sauce has simmered and thickened, pour sauce over meat and stir into the meat.
- Serve on buns immediately, or it can sit on low for an hour or two.
- Whatever is left over can be placed in a freezer safe ziplock and stored in freezer for a few months. To serve after it's been frozen, Defrost and dump contents into a sacepan on stove and reheat at a low to medium temperature.