Recipe for Easy Baked Flounder in Sour Cream Sauce
Flounder is one of the most plentiful and inexpensive seafood items along the area of the Gulf Coast where I live. This light and flaky fish was a staple in my house when I was growing up, and it is still one of my favorites today. This delicious baked flounder recipe is easy to make, and thanks to the elegant sour cream sauce is "fancy" enough to serve guests or as a special occasion main dish.
Baked Flounder in Sour Cream Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds of flounder fillets
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of reduced fat sour cream (do not use fat free)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1.2 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 10 X 13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place fish fillets in baking dish.
- Combine sour cream with salt, paprika, Tabasco sauce, and parmesan cheese.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spread sour cream sauce over the top of the fish.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- Pour the melted butter over the bread crumbs.
- Place in oven and bake for thirty minutes, or until fish is thoroughly cooked. (Test by making sure it flakes easily with a fork).
This delicious recipe tastes great with a side dish of couscous or rice pilaf, along with fresh grilled or stir-fry vegetables. The sour cream sauce is tasty as a topping for the fish, as well as spooned over the rice, pasta, or vegetable side dish. If you want to enjoy wine for dinner, a nice light chardonnay is the perfect accompaniment for this tasty and easy meal idea.