- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Recipe for Fish Masala
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 30 min
- 500 gms Fish, cleaned and cut into medium pieces
- 3-4 Green Chilies, halved lengthwise
- 3-4 twigs Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 cup Water
- Canola Oil for cooking
- To taste Salt
- Marinate the fish pieces with a pinch of salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and lemon juice. Keep for overnight.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame, add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and green chilies to the onions. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes pieces to the above and cook for another 2 minutes, or till the oil separates.
- Add garam masala, coriander powder, salt and a cup of water to the above.
- Add marinated fish pieces and cook till fish is done. Now, let it cook over a low flame for another 7-8 minutes.
- Put off the flame. Garnish the dish with coriander leaves.
- Fish Masala is ready to eat. Serve hot with boiled rice.