Recipe for Fried Rice
- 2 cups Rice
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 100 gms Beans, Finely Chopped
- 2 Carrot, Finely Chopped
- 1 Onion, Sliced
- 100 gms Cabbage, Finely Chopped
- 2 Spring Onions, Finely Chopped
- 2-3 Green Chilies, cut lengthwise
- 1 tsp Ginger, Finely Chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste pepper
- Wash and soak the rice in enough water for 10-15 minutes and drain. Boil water, add rice and little salt. Cook uncovered on low heat till rice is tender.
- Take care not to overcook the rice. Each grain of rice should be separate. When rice is done, drain and add soom cold water and drain again using a large seive and set aside. Heat oil in a kadhai / large pan and stir fry all the chopped vegetables
- Cook for 3-4 minutes. Take care that vegetables are not overdone, they should be crisp. Mix salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well. Now mix the soya sauce to it. Cook the chinese fried rice for 2-3 minutes and serve hot.