Recipe for Ghee Rice
It is a simple and tasty dish and tastes good with any type of side dish.This recipe requires few ingredients and short time to prepare.If you use pressure cooker you can finish cooking in 10 minutes.
- 200 gms Basmati rice
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Cinnamon
- 2 cardamon, crushed
- 2 green chillies, cut
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 5 grams cashew nuts
- 100 ml Milk
Recipe for Ghee rice
- Wash the rice grains and soak it for 5 minutes.Drain the water and keep it ready for cooking.
- In a cooking pan add 1 tablespoon of ghee and fry the rice till they become dry. Add one more spoon of ghee add cinnamon,cardamom,sliced onions,green chillies and fry till they leave out the flavors.
- Add 100ml of water and bring it to boil.Now add fried rice then 100ml of milk. Add salt and cover it with lid to get cooked.Stir occasionally to avoid lumps and burnt rice.
- Once the rice is cooked(when you press the grain in between the fingers it will be soft,and sticky,but must not break) remove it in a serving bowl and garnish with cashew nuts.
Nutritional value of Ghee
|Serving size: 1 tablespoon|
|Calories from Fat||117|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 4 g||1%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
See the recipes for Korma which is a suitable side dish for Rice Dishes
- Recipes for Indian Kormas
Korma is a characteristic Indian dish ,popular for its creamy texture and flavours. Know more about this dish ,and its varieties,with awesome recipes.
Recipe for one more kind of Fried rice
- Recipe for Basil Tofu Fried Rice
The flavour of this food is strong and it tastes different from regular fried rice.
Recipe for a Chinese fried rice
Best for garnishing
Which is the best choice of nuts for garnishing
© 2013 cheeluarv