- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
15 Minute Recipe for Wild Honey Gingerbread Cake
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 35 min
Ready in: 50 min
Yields: Serves 6
- 4 oz (100g) butter
- 4 oz (100g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons wild honey
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz (225g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 oz (25g) dried fruit (mixed)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a 6'' by 8'' (15 by 20 cm) square tin with baking paper.
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- In a small pan, heat the butter, sugar and honey over low heat until they melt.
- Remove the pan from heat and mix in the beaten eggs.
- Mix the flour, ginger and baking soda in a bowl and stir it into the mixture in the pan. Sprinkle the dried fruit over it.
- Put the mixture in the lined tin and bake it for 35 minutes or until a stick in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into fingers and serve. Cake may be iced or garnished with leftover dried fruit.
|Serving size: 1 slice (150g) |
|Calories ||290 |
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|