Recipe for Mango Pannac (Aam Panna)
- 1000 gms Raw Mango
- 1500 gms Sugar
- 4 tbsp Salt
- a pinch Black Salt (kala Namak)
- 2-3 tbsp Red Chilli powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Roasted Crushed Cumin Seeds
- Wash, wipe dry, peel and grate the raw mangoes. Heat a deep pan; add mangoes, salt and sugar and mix. Cook, stirring continuously to avoid the mixture from scorching.
- Allow the sugar to melt completely. Lower the heat and continue to cook, stirring continuously till a syrup of one-string consistency is formed.
- Take it off the heat and set aside to cool. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder & Black Salt along with crushed roasted cumin seeds and mix well
- Cool completely and store in airtight, sterilised bottles. It keeps well for several months.