- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Quick recipe for Popcorn Cake.
Back in 2001 I learned of a recipe that I found kinda weird at the time. It was called "Popcorn Cake". Back then I didn't think the words "popcorn" and "cake" even went together. The person who gave me the recipe kept assuring me that it was good, but I still had my doubts about it. After much skepticism on my end, I finally decided to try out the recipe she sent me. After making my first Popcorn Cake it turned out that she was right. I found it very unique and delicious. Popcorn Cake is a fun and easy snack to make. In this article I'm going to share the recipe on how to make it. I hope you enjoy it.
Although Popcorn Cake may initially sound like a complicated recipe that requires a lot of ingredients, that's far from the case. It doesn't take many ingredients or much time to make. Here is the list of ingredients that are required for making a Popcorn Cake.
- One package of your favorite type of candy. I personally used plain M&M's.
- 1/2 cup of corn oil.
- One 12 ounce jar of dry roasted peanuts.
- One pound of marshmallows.
- 1/2 cup of butter.
- 2 bags of popcorn.
The bags of popcorn can be either ready made popcorn, or you can use the bags that you can pop yourself. I prefer using bagged popcorn that I can pop in the microwave. I personally feel it makes the Popcorn Cake taste more authentic.
Instructions for making Popcorn cake.
The steps for making popcorn cake are really simple. Like I mentioned before, they don't require much time or effort. Here are the five steps to follow:
- Mix the candy of your choice with the peanuts and popcorn in a large pan.
- Melt butter, oil, and marshmallows on stove until all of it is melted. Stir if needed
- Pour the mix from step two over the mixed candy, peanuts, and popcorn.
- Pack all of the ingredients well into the pan.
- Let the mix stand for 5 minutes, and then flip onto a plate.
That's it! You are done after this.
Popcorn Cake is a fun and easy recipe to try out. It always turned out pretty good the times that I made it. It's a fun snack you can enjoy yourself, or serve to friends or guests. If you have tried a Popcorn Cake before, tell me what you think about it. If not, tell me would you consider trying it. I would love to see your feedback. Thanks for reading.