- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Recipe for Sauteed Peaches: Great With Crepes, Pancakes and Waffles!
Make breakfast more exciting by adding sauteed peaches to it. Whether you're making regular old pancakes or fancier waffles and crepes, sauteed peaches provide a rich and wonderful flavor for your morning meal.
Here is a recipe for sauteed peaches. This recipe will serve one person as a topping for the aforementioned breakfast foods. If you want to make more servings then simply double, triple or quadruple the recipe as needed.
First, gather your ingredients. You will need:
- 3/4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large peach
- 1/4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 tablespoon brown sugar
- one pinch ground cinnamon
- brandy or rum to taste
- Slice your peach. Alternatively, you can cut it into chunks. Choose whichever method you think will be best for you as a topping for your crepes or pancakes.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized or small skillet over medium heat.
- Add the peach slices or chunks. Sauté over medium heat until the peaches appear to be cooked. This take only a few minutes; you don't want the peaches to be too soft, just warmed through.
- Add the other ingredients all at once. Mix the ingredients in the pan with the peaches. Stirring the ingredients should suffice.
- Spoon over your breakfast foods while still warm.
- Top off with whipped cream, chocolate shavings or any other toppings that appeal to you.
For example, you may prefer this simple sauteed peaches alternative recipe:
- Cut one peach into slices.
- Place in bowl.
- Add 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice and 1/8 cup sugar. Toss the mixture to blend it.
- Melt 1/4 stick butter over medium heat in skillet.
- Add the peach mixture. Sauté for a few minutes until warm.
- Serve over your pancakes, crepes or waffles.
- Melt 3 tablespooons butter with 1/2 cup light brown sugar in medium skillet over medium heat.
- When sugar is dissolved, add one large peach that you have sliced. Also add one tablespoon lemon juice and 1/4 cup brandy.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for ten minutes.
- Serve over crepes, pancakes or waffles.