- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Stir Fried Potato Recipe. How to Cook Stir Fry Potatoes and Chicken Wings in a Wok
Chicken Wing and Potato Stir Fry
Rate This Dish
Chicken Wings and Potatoes
This is one of my favorite things to cook. Chicken wings or drumsticks are relatively easy to cook in a wok. All you have to do is shake the pan every once in a while to keep them from sticking to the bottom and make sure to turn them over so they cook on both sides.
You should be able to find oyster sauce near the soy sauce in your local grocery store. It will be black and very thick.
If you're feeling adventurous after you've cooked this dish, try eating it with chopsticks. Even after having mastered the technique of eating with chopsticks, chicken legs or wings will present a bit of a challenge. It's okay to use your hands of course but it could more fun not to.
- 1 inch ginger, skinned and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10-12 chicken wings or drumsticks
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 4 green peppers, chopped
- 10 dry red peppers, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup wine
- 2 tbls soy sauce
- 1 tbls oyster sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder, optional
- Add chopped garlic and ginger to oil in a large wok.
- Cook just long enough to hear the garlic and ginger sizzling.
- Add the chicken wings to the wok. Cook two minutes, stir so that they are all turned over and cook another two minutes.
- Add the wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce, chopped red peppers, chili powder and one cup of water. Stir everything together and let it simmer for about five minutes.
- Add the chopped potatoes and the other cup of water. Let cook for five minutes. Stir every couple of minutes.
- Add the green peppers. Continue to stir and let cook for about another five minutes. Most of the water will cook away.
- Serve with rice.
PhotosClick thumbnail to view full-size
© Copyright 2012. Wesley Meacham- This article is copyright protected and is the property of Wesley Meacham. All images in this article, unless otherwise stated, are the property of Wesley Meacham. Please do not copy this article in whole or in part without giving credit to the original author.