Recipe for Veg Kofta Curry
Cook time: 25 min
Ready in: 25 min
- 1/4 cup Mawa (khoya)
- 1/2 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 cup Potatoes, Boiled and mashed
- 1/4 cup Hung yogurt
- To taste Salt
- 2 teaspoons Red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- 2 tablespoons Cashewnuts, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Fresh coriander leaves,chopped
- 4 tablespoons Oil, to deep fry
- 2 medium Onions
- 8-10 cloves Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut, scraped
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 3/4 cup Yogurt thick
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
Method to Cook
- Grind two onions,one inch piece ginger,eight to ten cloves,two teaspoons of coriander powder,half cup coconut, half teaspoon turmeric powder and one teaspoon red chilli powder to a fine paste using sufficient water. Set aside. Roast khoya till golden.
- . Add besan and continue to roast. Transfer into a bowl. Add boiled and grated potatoes and mix. Add hung yogurt, salt, red chilli powder, raisins and chopped cashewnuts and mix. Add half of the chopped coriander leaves and mix well with your hands.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Form the mixture into balls. First fry one ball. If it breaks add some more besan and knead. Deep-fry the koftas till golden.
- Remove and place onto an absorbent paper and set aside. For the gravy, heat four tablespoons of oil in a pan
- Add ground masala and sauté on high heat till it gives out a nice aroma. Add yogurt and one cup of water, salt, sugar and stir till it comes to a boil. Add the remaining coriander leaves.
- Before serving place the koftas in a serving dish and pour the hot gravy over and serve immediately.