- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Recipe for making Palak Paneer
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 40 min
- 2 large bunches Spinach
- 200 grams Cottage cheese (paneer)
- 2-3 Green chillies
- 8-10 cloves Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- to taste Salt
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons Fresh cream
- Remove stems, wash spinach thoroughly in running water.
- Blanch in salted boiling water for two minutes.
- Refresh in chilled water. Squeeze out excess water.
- Remove stems, wash and roughly chop green chillies. Grind spinach into a fine paste along with green chillies.
- Dice paneer into one inch by one inch by half inch pieces. Peel, wash and chop garlic
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. When they begin to change colour, add chopped garlic and sauté for half a minute.
- Add the spinach puree and stir. Check seasoning. Add water if required.
- When the gravy comes to a boil, add the paneer and mix well. Stir in lemon juice. Finally add fresh cream. Serve hot.