Recipe of Beef Chapli kabab
How do you rate my recipe?
Beef for Chapli Kabab
Chapli kabab as a traditional Pakistani dish served with Tandoori roti or naan along with Salad and chutney. Chapli kabab also tastes great and usually served with Pulao. Chapli kababs can be prepared with ground beef,lamb or chicken but the beef chapli kabab are the most rich tasting among all. Here I used extra lean ground beef to avoid the extra fat although the authentic recipe calls for the regular ground beef which contains some fat. The fat content makes the chapli kababs more rich and moist.
- 1 lb Ground beef, lean or regular
- 2 Medium size onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, Thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Yoghurt, Beaten
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp Red chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Red chili powder, Use less to make milder kababs
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro leaves, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Corn meal, or besan (Chickpea flour)
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala, Optional
- 1 tbsp Dry Mint leaves, Crushed (OPTIONAL)
- 1tsp Cumin powder, Crushed or powdered
- 1tsp Coriander seeds, whole or powdered
- a pinch carom seeds, (Ajwain)
- 1 tbsp Ketchup, Optional
- 1 cup Fresh bread crumbs
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1/2 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
Recipe of Chapli kababs
- In a large mixing bowl add washed and drained ground beef.See my hub for instructions on rinsing /draining ground beef.
- How to Wash and Rinse Ground Beef
Most people do not wash ground beef to avoid wasting it in the process. Here is a trick to wash and rinse ground beef without wasting a bit. Give it a try you will never go back.
- Add all the ingredients except bread crumbs and egg and mix very well.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for about half an hour.
- Add bread crumbs and egg and mix well again.
- Make palm size patties and place one slice of tomato on each kabab.
- For beginners it will be easier if you chop the tomatoes and add it to mixture at the end and make patties.Both way the result will be delicious and flavorful kababs.
- Heat a little oil over a big flat pan like a Tawa(griddle) like the one shown in picture.
- Kababs can also be pan fried but only a little oil should be used to retain moisture within kababs.
- Cook on low flame for few minutes on each side or until the chapli kababs are light brown and fully cooked on both sides.
- Enjoy the delicious chapli kababs with mint chutney or hot sauce and fresh salad.
- Chapli kababs can also be served in sandwich or burger.
This kind of griddle makes the best tasting moist chapli kabab without drying them too much.
- For better result let the chapli kababs set in freezer for some time before frying.
- Chapli kababs can be prepared in advance and kept in freezer for months.
- Store chapli kababs in zip lock bag in freezer and fry when needed.
- Chapli kababs can also be half cooked (For about one minutes on high flame)and stored in a sealed container or zip lock bag. Fry again on low heat before serving.
© 2015 Ash