- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- Southern European Cuisine
Recipe of Swordfish with citrus fruits
Delicious and unusual main courses. Innovative, aesthetically beautiful and suitable for all types of palates!Let's say that cooks or chefs "household" they leave a little 'to be desired in terms of fish dishes. Cook knows, especially those born in sea places and saw from a very early age mothers and grandmothers trying to clean it and prepare it, but for others remains a bit of mystery and you fall into the temptation to buy the same, the more easy and trivial: the sole, anchovy, sardine, cod, sea bass, swordfish, tuna ... and little else.
This recipe is with swordfish, but it can be made with all most any kind of white fishes.
It's a easy recipe and very light in calorie, so can be good for all the diet.
- Prep time: 2 hours
- Cook time: 12 min
- Ready in: 2 hours 12 min
- Yields: Serves four people
- 4 slices of swordfish
- 3 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 20 gr. butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 8 mint leaves
- salt and pepper
- Put to marinate the swordfish in a bowl with the juice of two oranges and a lemon; cover and leave in refrigerator for a couple of hours
- Peel to live the other orange and put it aside.
- Take a pan and put the tablespoon of olive oil, a knob of butter and the darned swordfish from the marinade
- Let it cook for a couple of minutes, then add the marinade sauce, cook it for seven minutes and remove the fish.
- Pay attention at the cooking time, because the swordfish, if it is just scalded, it's particularly soft, tender, and keeps a light taste, very pleasant. Prolonged cooking instead make the emission of some juice, usually albumin, which cover the surface of the slices with a milky layer, which means the loss of smoothness and the acquisition of a flavor devoid of grace and balance
- Put in the pan a knob of butter and flour and then let it go on the fire until the sauce will be restricted.
- Serve the swordfish steaks with the sauce, decorate it with the orange slices and mint leaves.
- Buon Appetito
|Serving size: 180 g|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Carbohydrates 25 g||8%|
|Fiber 9 g||36%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|