Recipes: Cheats Aubergine pesto and tomato pasta salad
This is a recipe is from the article UK Lunch Box Ideas Under £1.50. Some of the recipes in that article require effort but this is very much a cheaters lunch, using ready prepared pesto.
If you are not a lover of aubergine then this could be easily swapped out for red or green pesto. I have included links to recipes for both pesto verde and pesto rosso at the bottom of the page.
Links to other £1.50 lunch recipes
- 1 jar of Sacla aubergine pesto
- 200g cherry tomato
- Olive oil
- 200g dried pasta
- Boil the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, chop the tomatoes in half and very lightly saute them in the olive oil. The should gain some colour and be a little soft but must not be allowed to become mushy.
- Drain the pasta and mix in the pesto.
- Mix in the tomatoes and allow to cool.
Pesto recipes on the web
- Red pesto Recipe | delicious. Magazine free recipes
This pesto recipe is made with tomatoes and chilli, which gives it a wonderful kick and vibrant colour.
- BBC - Food - Recipes : Pesto
An easy homemade versatile sauce that goes with pretty much anything.
Image credit to Nuttakit at www.freedigitalphotos.net.