Recipes: Chicken and sweetcorn mayonnaise
This recipe is from the article UK Lunch Box Ideas Under £1.50. It's a quick and easy sandwich filling, great for using up any left over chicken you may have. The recipe assumes you have breast but you can also use any part of the bird- whatever you can get or have left over is fine.
- Chicken- the equivalent of 1 breast
- 50g sweetcorn
- 1/2 a teaspoon of mustard
- Black pepper
More £1.50 recipes
- Shred the chicken. You hold the cold, cooked chicken down with one hand and tear the flesh with a fork. There's a video below of how to do this.
- Place the shredded chicken in a bowl with the sweetcorn and add mayonnaise, as much or as little as you would like.
- Add mustard and black pepper to your taste and then mix until the chicken and the sweetcorn is coated.
- Serve in sandwiches, wraps, bagels, pittas, etc.
Image credit to Suat Eman at www.freedigitalphotos.net