- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Recipes - Creamy Chicken Curry
This is another of those simply elegant dishes. Stylish enough to serve to visitors but very simple. It is extremely tasty and is an excellent comfort food for those cold wintry nights.
Not only does it look appealing, it is nutritional and can be low fat.
Of course, rice always adds a comfort factor and you can appease your conscience by adding green vegetables.
This is one of those dishes that you can adapt to suit fussy eaters. Because my husband dislikes onion I blend it with the apple and the garlic. It is one of his favourite meals. He gets all the flavour and the nutrition without the texture that he dislikes.
You can cook this meal and have very little mess remaining in the kitchen. That's my favourite sort of cooking. One pot, stylish and nutritious. What else could you ask for?
Serve with rice and any other vegetable that you desire, although salad goes okay with it too.
Warm fresh bread and butter just complete this meal to perfection. Cook and enjoy. Bon Appetite.
60 gram margarine
3 cups diced cooked chicken
1 onion (finely chopped & sliced)
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1 apple (finedly diced)
2 tablespoons cornflour
1 cup peas
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup thickened low fat cream
2 tablespoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash of cayenne pepper
1. Melt butter in fry pan.
2. Add onion, apple and garlic.
3. Fry for a couple minutes.
4. Blend in the cornflour and add the chicken stock.
5. Add cream, lower heat and stir until sauce has thickened.
6. Stir in the salt, cayenne pepper and curry powder.
7. Add peas and stir.
8. Add the cooked chicken and simmer (covered) for approximately 10 minutes.
9. Serve with rice and any other side vegetable that you desire.
© 2010 Robyn McNab