- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- Southern European Cuisine
Nunny usually served meat balls with her marinara sauce and pasta instead of my favorite which is a meat sauce. It doesn't take long to make meatballs and they freeze well for future use with all of your pasta dishes.
You can also make these penny size for your Wedding soup or huge to go in your meatball sandwiches to be served with mozzarella cheese. Another suggestion is to use the meatballs in gravy over noodles instead of beef tips.
I suggest doubling the recipe to make all 3 sizes for when you want them or need them for a particular recipe.
- 3-5 lbs. Ground Beef
- Bread Crumbs
- 3-5 Eggs
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder or Onion Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 350° Mix all the ingredients until meat loaf consistency.
- Form meat balls at desired size Place on a rimmed cookie sheet. Bake until brown turning once.
- Place cooked meat balls on heavy paper to absorb grease. Use immediately with pasta dishes or your favorite sauce for sandwiches
Store in air-tight container.
Meatballs freeze well for future use. Lay them out on cookie sheet to freeze individually and then store in a freezer bag.