- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Pork Pot Pie
Pork Pot Pie
Today we are having a loin of pork roast for supper. That means that tomorrow we will have my favorite meat pie made from the left over roast and gravy. Usually I make these roasts and pot pies in the fall and winter, but I was in the mood for my favorite Sunday meal and cooked a pork roast in the crock pot.
- 3/4 lb. leftover Pork Roast, cubed
- 1 lb potatoes, cooked peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 stalk of celery diced
- 1 carrot sliced thin
- 1/2 cup leftover gravy
- 2 Flaky Pie Crusts
Mix & Bake
- Make your crust and line the bottom of a 9" pie plate
- Cook any raw vegetables in a small amount of water
- Combine vegetables with pork cubes, and gravy
- Place in lined pie plate
- Cover with second pie crust
Bake at 350° for approximately 30 minutes
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Top with Mashed Potatoes for a Lumberjack effect. and bake same as above until the potatoes are browned. You can use any meat to make this such as roast beef or roasted chicken or turkey. Pot pie is pot pie. My favorite part of the pie is the crust and you need to make a good pie crust before you can make a pot pie.
© 2009 Laura L Scotty