- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Bear N Mom Recipes - Chicken Cacciatore
I have always found the time it takes to make this dish to be well worthwhile. Once I tried to make it in the crockpot. That was a big mistake. I ended up with a lot of chicken and bones instead of the tender tasty dish this is supposed to be. Seeing a bunch of bones over your spaghetti or linguini is not exactly appetizing. So take my advice and cook this recipe as it's written.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 lbs chicken parts (I prefer thighs and quartered breasts)
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic minced (I use the minced from the store in jars)
- about a qt. of stewed tomatoes (linked to recipe)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti or linguini cooked and drained
Put oil In a spaghetti sauce pot and precook chicken parts until they are browned. Remove and set aside.
Put mushrooms and garlic into the pot and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir in stewed tomatoes, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and return the chicken parts to the sauce. Simmer about 25 minutes until check is cooked through and tender.
Toss the cooked pasta with a small amount of the sauce, toss and lay out on serving dish. Top with chicken and remaining sauce.