Recipes: Low fat carrot and coriander soup
This is a recipe from the article UK Lunch Box ideas under £1.50. It is designed to be cooked the night before and then either heated up in the microwave at work or reheated before leaving the house and stored in a Thermos flask.
Whatever you choose to do, this is an extremely cheap lunch and low in fat and calories too. It is perfect if you're dieting or on a budget.
- 2 carrots
- 1 potato
- 1 leek
- 600ml vegetable stock
- Black pepper
- Fresh coriander
More £1.50 lunch recipes
- Wash, peel and chop the vegetables and place in a saucepan.
- Cover with 600ml of stock and bring to the boil.
- Gently simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the vegetables to a creamy consistency. The potato will thicken it. If too much stock has boiled away the add some more to thin it out.
- Season with lots of black pepper and torn coriander.