Recipes: Mustard chicken pasta salad
This is a recipe from the article UK Lunch Box Ideas Under £1.50. It is a cold pasta salad and, though it will take a bit of time to cook the chicken, the actual preparation time is under ten minutes.
For more recipes related to the £1.50 lunches hub, see the link further down.
More £1.50 lunch recipes
- 1 chicken breast
- 150g sweetcorn
- 1 green pepper
- 200g pasta
- Wholegrain mustard
- Make a foil package in which to bake the chicken. You'll need a square rectangle of foil, big enough to cover the chicken with plenty of room for hot air to collect. Scrunch the sides to seal and make a slit in the top for steam to escape.
- Cook the chicken as per the instructions on the packaging- times will vary depending on the size and weight of your chicken breast. When it is done, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Put the pasta on to boil as per the directions on the packaging.
- Whilst the pasta is boiling, chop the green pepper into small pieces- roughly the same size as the sweetcorn.
- Mix together mustard and mayonnaise to make the dressing. How much you use is totally up to you but remember, the more mustard you put in the hotter it will be. Also consider if you want a thin coating of sauce or for your pasta to be drenched in it. It's up to you.
- When your pasta is done, drain into a colander and rinse under a tap to rapidly cool. When it is cold, immediately add the sauce to stop the pasta from sticking.
- Slice the chicken thinly and add mix into the chicken with the sweetcorn and the raw green pepper.