- Food and Cooking
10 Recipes for Celebrating National Peanut Butter Day
Whether you prefer it smooth or chunky, peanut butter is a must-have addition to any cupboard or pantry. We are all guilty of sneaking a few spoonfuls out of the jar when no-one else is looking. Luckily we have January 24th to make us feel less guilty about it. January 24th is National Peanut Butter day, and you can bet we are going to celebrate this by indulging in any way that we can!
This guide lists fun and tasty recipes using peanut butter that you can make to take to work, share with friends, or just keep for yourself. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter on Toast
Banana and Peanut Butter Cookies
- 125g Banana
- 130g Peanut Butter
- 70g Dark Brown Soft Sugar
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 1 & 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 165g Plain Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 40g Chocolate Chips (Or Chopped Chocolate)
- Mash bananas, add the peanut butter and mix. Stir in both of the sugars and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to peanut butter mixture. Mix well, then fold in the chocolate.
- Cover the dough and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 190C (380F) for 10-12 minutes.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bark
- 4 Cups Chocolate Chips (Or Chopped Chocolate)
- 2 Tsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups Peanut Butter
- 2 Cups Icing (Powdered) Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup additional decoration (e.g. marshmallows, Reece's Pieces, popping candy, edible ball bearings, etc)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment (wax) paper.
- Melt half of the chocolate in the microwave and mix it with half of the coconut oil.
- Pour it on to the baking sheet and leave it to cool and harden.
- Mix the peanut butter, sugar and butter until it is smooth and fluffy.
- Spread it over the hardened chocolate layer evenly. Put in the fridge to harden.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate and mix with the rest of the coconut oil. Pour over the peanut butter.
- Add the decorations to the melted chocolate before putting it back into the fridge to harden.
- Once hardened, break in to pieces and enjoy.
Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 & 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- Pinch of Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan
- Heat over a medium heat until the sugar and cocoa powder has dissolved and the peanut butter has melted.
- Pour into a mug and garnish with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and Reece's Pieces.
This recipe should make 1 mugs of hot chocolate.
Chocolate and Banana Peanut Bites
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (or chopped chocolate)
- 2/3 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Bananas (Sliced)
- Line a baking tray with cupcake cases
- Heat chocolate in the microwave until melted
- Heat peanut butter in the microwave until runny
- Mix chocolate and coconut oil
- Add half of the chocolate mixture to the bottoms of the cupcake cases. Top with a slice of banana and a teaspoon of peanut butter. Then top with the rest of the chocolate.
- Freeze for 2 hours
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Stir all of the ingredients together until smooth
- Separate the mixture into balls and place on a lined baking tray
- Use a fork to press the cookies down to make a criss-cross pattern
- Bake in the oven at 180C (350F) for 10-12 minutes
This recipe should make around 15 cookies depending on the size.
Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter and Nutella Cookies
- 120g Peanut Butter
- 150g Nutella
- 1 Egg
- 70g Plain Flour
- Mix the flour and egg. Then add the Nutella and the peanut butter and mix well until no lumps are left.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on a lined baking tray.
- Press down with a fork.
- Bake in the oven at 180C (360F) for 10-15 minutes.
- Cookies may initially appear to be soft but will harden as they cool.
Peanut Butter Muffins
- 5 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg
- 150ml Milk
- 75g Butter
- 250g Plain Flour
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- In a saucepan over a low heat, melt the butter and the peanut butter.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and the baking powder, lightly beat in the caster sugar.
- In a different bowl combine the milk, egg and the melted peanut butter mixture.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until you have a slightly lumpy mixture.
- Divide the mixture amongst 12 cupcake cases.
- Bake in the oven at 190C (380F) for 30-40 minutes.
Raisin and Peanut Butter Flapjacks
- 125g Peanut Butter
- 75g Raisins
- 150g Oats
- 75g Crispy Rice Cereal
- 75g Brown Sugar
- 100ml Golden Syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Stir together the oats and the rice cereal.
- Grease a baking tin.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the golden syrup and the sugar.
- When the mixture begins to boil, remove it from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over the oat mixture and mix well.
- Pour into the baking tin and press down.
- Allow to cool and set, then serve.
Chocolate Biscuit Peanut Butter Squares
- 260g Peanut Butter
- 210g Digestive Biscuits (crushed to crumbs)
- 340g Chocolate (chopped)
- 330g Icing (Powdered) Sugar
- 225g Butter (melted)
- Stir together biscuit crumbs, sugar, peanut butter and the melted butter.
- Press firmly into the bottom of a cake tin.
- Melt the chocolate and pour it over the biscuit base.
- Garnish with any sprinkles or marshmallows as you desire.
- Cool until set, then serve.
Peanut Butter Fudge
- 110g Butter
- 125ml Milk
- 475g Brown Soft Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200g Peanut Butter
- 425g Icing (Powdered) Sugar
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in brown sugar and milk, then bring to the boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the vanilla and the peanut butter,
- In a large bowl, pour over the icing sugar.
- Beat until smooth and then add to a baking tin.
- Chill until firm, then serve.
Thank You For Reading
Thank you for reading this article of 10 recipes that you can make to celebrate National Peanut Butter Day. If you try any of these recipes, please do comment below with how it went. Please do also comment if you have any suggestions for yummy peanut butter based recipes.