- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy Recipes: Potato and Pesto Soup
Potato and Pesto Soup is a pasta recipe that goes along with soups and salads. Pasta with soup goes together perfectly as they can add taste and texture to the recipe. Let us read how you can make Potato and Pesto Soup below.
The following ingredients for making Potato and Pesto Soup serve 6 people. The ingredients include:
· 3 slices of rindless, smoked, fatty bacon or pancetta
· 450g\1 lb floury potatoes
· 450g\1 lb onions
· 2 tbsp of olive oil
· 625 ml\20 fl oz chicken stock
· 625 ml\20 fl oz milk
· 100g\3 and a half oz of dried conchigliette
· 150 ml\5 fl oz double cream
· Chopped, fresh parsley
· Salt and pepper
· Garlic bread and Parmesan cheese shavings to serve
· 55g\2 oz finely chopped fresh parsley
· 2 crushed garlic cloves
· 55g\2 oz crushed pine nuts
· 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
· 55g\2 ox freshly grated Parmesan cheese
· White pepper
· 150 ml\5 fl oz olive oil
How to Make Potato and Pesto Soup
1) Let’s start with making the pesto sauce. First of all, all of the ingredients need putting into a blender for 2 minutes. You may wish to blend the ingredients with your hand. If so, use a mortar and a pestle for that.
2) Chop the bacon, potatoes and onions and place the bacon in a large saucepan for 4 minutes of cooking. Add olive oil, potatoes and onions and cook for another extra 12 minutes. Make sure you stir occasionally throughout the 12 minutes.
3) Add the chicken stock and milk to a pan and bring it to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the conchigliette and boil for another extra 10-12 minutes.
4) Blend the cream into the mixture and boil for another 5 minutes. Add the chopped parsley, salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons of pesto sauce. Afterwards, transport the soup into few spate bowls and serve with Parmesan cheese shavings and fresh garlic bread. Now you are ready to serve!
You can read more pasta recipes on my profile. Or if you wish, you can read some through the links below this article. I am writing several pasta recipes for you so browse around for any of them. It is possible that you may find some of the recipes that you’re looking for here on my profile. For more recipes, please visit my profile here on Hubpages.
For more reading, please check:
- How to Make a Cake
Making a simple sponge cake is the easiest of the lot. This is a great start to learning how to make a cake before getting into other varieties.
- Recipe for Soup: Minestrone Soup Recipe
Minestrone is a pasta recipe that goes along with soups and salads. Pasta with soup goes together perfectly as they can add taste and texture to the recipe. Minestrone is a classic Italian pasta soup recipe with plenty of protein. But there are so ma
- How to Get Wavy Hair
Wavy hair is a very trendy hairstyle presently and it doesnt appear to leave the fashion industry anytime soon. You and I very well know that wavy hair is sexy. Wherever you go it is commonly used especially by girls. I am a guy and naturally my hai
- How Walnuts Help Lower Cholesterol
Walnuts are one of the healthiest nuts around. I am one of many who love to chew on nuts even if they arent walnuts but I love the habit. However, like me I know that many people dont seem to see the benefits that walnuts contain.
- How to Reduce Junk Food Cravings
Eating something to fulfil desire is what we always wish for. It could be candy, sweets, chocolates or junk food but it never seems to prevent us from eating them. This leads to overeating and craving for food which shouldnt be part of your diet. Ho