Beans And Lil Smokies In A Crockpot
Mix and CookClick thumbnail to view full-size
Great Meal For The Family
I have used this recipe for years. My favorite bean to use when making this dish is the large Lima bean, but you can use your own favorite for this recipe. Served with cornbread, toast or crackers and a fruit salad, this dish will provide a wholesome dinner for your family. The ingredients are simple and inexpensive!
The weather turned cold this weekend announcing crockpot time! I often prepare stews and soups, but not this time. I have been hungry for a great pot of beans!
Rate This Hub
Easy To Make Beans And SmokiesClick thumbnail to view full-size
- 1 package Dried Beans, Pinto, Red, Limas
- 1 Small Package Beef Lil Smokies, Sliced in Half
- 1/2 Large Onion, Diced
- 1 can Tomato Soup, Use Low Sodium If Preferred
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- Shredded cheese
How To Make Beans and Smokies
- Pre-soak the beans by placing in a bowl and covering with water. They can be placed in the refrigerator overnight or allow one hour of soaking time on the counter.
- Place the beans, sliced Smokies, onion and tomato soup into the crockpot. Mix well. Cover with water for cooking.
- Turn the crockpot to high until the beans begin to bubble, about half an hour. Reset the crockpot to low until beans are well-cooked. Total crockpot time is eight hours.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with cornbread, toast, or crackers. Sprinkle with cheese for added taste. Serve jalapeños on the side for those who like the heat. Add a fruit salad for a more balanced meal!
Leftovers Are Great
It makes cooking more fun to know that there will be leftovers in the refrigerator for another meal! With a large crockpot, this recipe can be doubled. Feed your family and have an additional meal for another day. Take this recipe to a potluck dinner!
For variety, add cooked ground beef to your recipe. Add a sour cream topping with your cheese. Serve your dish over white rice. The possibilities are endless! Enjoy!