Red Cabbage Apple Cole Slaw
Delicious Red Cabbage Apple Slaw
Looking for a hearty side dish?
This is a crisp side dish that works well in any season. I stumbled upon it while trying to use up the red cabbage from my fall CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). I prefer the light vinaigrette to a creamy sauce. It's perfectly tart. If you prefer sweeter, add sweetener of your choice. Our family prefers honey, but you could use maple syrup, sugar, Stevia, or Splenda. The options are endless!
Farm to Table
- 2 Granny smith apples, chopped into slivers
- 1/2 Head of red cabbage, small, sliced and shredded
- 2 Small Carrot, Sliced & shredded
- 4 Tbs Olive oil
- 3 Tbs Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 tbs Garlic, pre-diced
- 1/2 cup nuts or seeds, Your choice for garnish
- 1 Tbs Honey, (Or your choice of sweetener)
- Chop all ingredients. Put veggies in a giant bowl.
- Mix liquid ingredients together as dressing. Pour dressing over veggies in bowl. Toss well.
- Refrigerate at least two hours, preferably overnight.
- Garnish with nuts or seeds.
Red Cabbage Slaw Nutrition Information
|Serving size: 1/8 Recipe|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 10 g|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Sugar 11 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 30 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Paleo as a Way of Life
Paleo living is has a ton of health benefits, and this gives you details on the Paleo diet, with tips and tricks help you to do it.
Want to take it to the next level? The Whole 30 will provide plenty of health and weight loss benefits. Check out my hub to learn the basics.
Follow me for a ton of Paleo, Whole 30, and healthy recipes.