How to make tasty Red Cabbage Dosa South Indian Tamilnadu or Madras or Chennai Style Recipe
Red Cabbage Dosa South Indian Style
Dear Hub readers,
This hub is all about how to make Red cabbage dosa in South Indian style. This is a healthy and very tasty recipe as it has good health benefits of Red cabbage. Don’t miss to try it.
I have created this Hub for my hub readers to show, how to best utilize the vegetables in dosa batter.
Today I have considered Red Cabbage; which is Low in fat, Vitamin C that is good for anti-aging, Vitamin A that is Good for eyes and skin, Boosts Immunity, Cleanses the body, Anti-cancer properties, Prevents Osteoporosis and Reduces Alzheimer’s risk. Another health dish for you to try & enjoy it.
- 2 cup Dosa Batter, (salt added)
- Refined Oil, (as required)
- ¼ tea spoon Mustard
- ½ tea spoon Bengal gram
- 200 grams Red Cabbage, (chopped)
- 1/2 tea spoon Sambar powder or chilli powder
- 2 Red chillies, (chopped)
- ¼ tea spoon Salt
- In a frying pan, pour 1 table spoon oil and allow the oil to get heated. Put mustard seeds and wait till it gets crackled. Then add Bengal gram, red chilies and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Put the chopped cabbage in the pan and fry along with the ingredients in the oil. Keep the stove in medium flame and fry the cabbage. By doing so, also ensure that the cabbage will not get over burnt.
- Add the Sambar powder or chilly powder along with the cabbage and stir well. Off the flame when the cabbage is fried. To maintain better nutrient level in the cabbage, fry it less. Too much of frying would simply remove all nutrients from the cabbage.
- Now we will make red cabbage dosa. Heat a non stick tawa or iron tawa. Add one or two drops of oil and rub with half onion. This process avoids Dosa from sticking to the tawa.
- Pour one ladle of batter in the center of tawa and spread it in a circular motion as shown in the image. Drizzle one tea spoon of oil around and across the dosa.
- Now spread the fried cabbages on the dosa. Once the dosa is cooked to some extent, flip it over to the other side.
- Wait as it is for few seconds and turn the dosa back. Once the Red cabbage dosa is cooked, take it out of the flame.
- Serve hot with any chutney or sambar or gravy.
Health benefits of Red cabbage
- Health benefits of Red cabbage (Source: From Internet)
This link talks about all benefits of Red cabbage. I would like to share the link with my hub viewers with them for their information.