Red Hot Vegetarian Fusilli Pasta Recipe
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 30 min
Yields: 4 Servings of 1 cup each
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, Minced
- 4 Cups Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Basil, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano Leaves, Crushed
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- to taste Red Pepper, (Any amount, depends on personal preference)
- 8 Ounces Fusilli Pasta, Uncooked
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized saucepan.
- Saute garlic and parsley until the garlic is golden.
- Add the tomatoes and spices (basil, salt, oregano, red pepper) to the saucepan.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes, or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Cook pasta until it is firm in unsalted water in a pasta pot.
- To serve spoon sauce unto pasta. Can be served hot or cold. Usually keeps in the fridge for only a day, so be sure to eat as soon as possible.
|Serving size: 1 Cup |
|Calories ||304 |
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|