Red Lentil Soup with fried rice
We all know lentils are the best alternative source of protein. They are not only rich in fibre but also maintains blood sugar levels. Many researches have been conducted in this regard and have undoubtedly favored the consumption of lentils, especially for vegetarians. Red lentil soup served with rice gives a special aroma and increase appetite.
Cooking time estimate
- 1 medium sized cup Red Lentil
- 2 medium sized cup White rice
- 1/2 table spoon Tumeric
- 1 tea spoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 table spoon Salt
- 3 Garlic, finely diced
- 2 table spoon Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tea spoon Black pepper whole
- 2-3 cloves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, finely chpopped
- 2-3 whole green chillies
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup oil
- Take 1 cup of red lentil and wash it. Now take 3 cups of water in pressure cooker and add lentil in it. Add salt (to taste), red chilli powder (if you have never tasted mexican, then don't add this ingredient. You can used 1/4 tea spoon ground black pepper) , and turmeric powder and light the stove.
- Now add tomatoes and close the cooker. Cook 15 minutes after the first whistle. Remove the cooker lid and cook for 10 more minutes to so that excess water is dried. Now add coriander leaves and mix.
- Now take oil in a pan and heat it. Add finely chopped garlic and fry them till light brown. Now add cumin seeds and whole green chillies and fry them too.
- Now pour the hot oil into lentil cooker. It will give a sizzling sound. Your lentil soup is ready.
- To cook fried rice: Take a small amount of oil in a cooking pot and heat it. Put pepper, cumin seeds and cloves and fry a little bit. Now put rice and add water to boil. Water level should be just 2 fingers above the rice.
- Wait till the water level is same as rice level and then cover the lid to steam. Remove the lid after 15 minutes (or less).
Rate this recipe!
Find out your calorie intake
Benefits of red lentil
- are a very good source of cholesterol lowering fiber
- manage blood sugar disorders
- good source of important minerals like Vitamin B and protein
- It actually is void of fat content
Nutritional value of red lentil
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||2286|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 254 g||391%|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25%|
|Carbohydrates 154 g||51%|
|Sugar 8 g|
|Fiber 27 g||108%|
|Protein 72 g||144%|
|Sodium 346 mg||14%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|