- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Reese's Peanut Butter Bars
A Perfect Coupling of Peanut Butter and Chocolate
It Just Doesn't Get Any Better
These bars taste like peanut butter cups and are made on the top of the stove.
A Peanut Butter Base Topped With Melted Chocolate
No-bake recipes can be a godsend for busy cooks. Instead of baking bars in the oven, they are prepared top-of-stove. Nothing could be easier and the following recipe is a keeper.
These bars taste just like the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. They have a creamy, bottom layer and this is topped with thick chocolate. The chocolate layer is made from melted chocolate chips so you are really eating a chocolate layer instead of chocolate icing.
When I tried this recipe, I loved that idea. The chocolate layer was so much nicer than chocolate icing would have been, and it added to the richness of these bars.
A batch of peanut butter bars makes up in minutes. All you need are a few simple ingredients to make these squares.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, (room temperature)
- 2 cups graham crumbs
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Recommendation: keep a box or two of graham crumbs in your pantry, so you'll have them on hand when you want to make these bars.
- Cream room temperature butter and smooth peanut butter In a large bowl until well mixed
- Add icing sugar and stir in with a wooden spoon.
- Add graham crumbs and mix with hands until moist.
- Pat down into an ungreased pan, pressing on surface to make it even. A small lightly floured glass can be used to do this.
- Melt chocolate chips over low heat. Spread over base and cut while chocolate is still soft.
- Chill bars until chocolate hardens.
Because you are using real chocolate, make sure to cut it and your bars into squares while the chocolate is still warm. The chocolate would crack and break if cut when cold.
Easy & Delicious No-Bake Bars
Video #1 includes a similar recipe and I've included it for those who want to see how these bars are made. Ingredients are very similar with the exception of the melted butter.
I've included this video for those who want to know how to make a fancier-looking top to their bars.
Easy to Make
In recent years, Reese's Peanut Butter Bars have been showing up in trendy coffee shops but, as can be seen from this recipe, they take few ingredients and can easily be made at home.
© 2007 Athlyn Green