Reese's Peanut Butter Bars
A Perfect Coupling of Flavors
It Just Doesn't Get Any Better
These bars taste like peanut butter cups and are made on the top of the stove.
A Peanut Butter Base Topped With Melted Chocolate
No bake recipes can be a godsend for busy cooks. The following recipe is a keeper.
These bars taste just like the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. They have a creamy, bottom layer and this is topped with thick chocolate. The chocolate layer is made from melted chocolate chips so you are really eating a chocolate layer instead of chocolate icing.
When I tried this recipe, I loved that idea. The chocolate layer was so much nicer than chocolate icing would have been. And it adds to the richness of these bars.
A batch of bars makes up in minutes and you don't even have to turn your oven on. All you need are a few simple ingredients to make these squares.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, (room temperature)
- 2 cups graham crumbs
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
It's a good idea to keep a stock of items you don't use as often in your pantry. That way, when you go to make something, you aren't caught out. Recommendation: keep a box or two of graham crumbs in your pantry.
- Cream butter and peanut butter In a large bowl.
- Add icing sugar and stir in.
- Add graham crumbs and mix with hands until moist.
- Pat down into a pan, pressing on surface to make it even. A small lightly floured glass can be used to do this.
- Melt chocolate chips over low heat. Spread over base and cut while chocolate is still soft.
- Chill bars until chocolate hardens.
Easy & Delicious No-Bake Bars
Easy to Make
In recent years, Reese's Peanut Butter Bars have been showing up in trendy coffee shops but, as can be seen from this recipe, they can easily be made at home.
© 2007 Athlyn Green