Restaurant Review for UNDERCURRENT RESTAURANT in Greensboro, North Carolina
At the front entrance of Undercurrent Restaurant, there is some lovely and soft patio furniture for sitting
Restaurant Review for Undercurrent Restaurant in Greensboro , North Carolina - a lovely and classy dining experience
Restaurant Review for Undercurrent Restaurant in Greensboro , North Carolina
- Restaurants are big business in Greensboro, North Carolina. There are just so many of them, a true plethora. While restaurants around here do a lot of marketing and advertising, they do not seem to put up enormous competition against each other. There is room for everybody in the market. The restaurants generally offer a lot of charm and hospitality to customers and customers can order just a little bit of food or lots of food without any particular sales pressure from the restaurant proprietors and restaurant staff.
- Undercurrent restaurant in Greensboro, North Carolina is one of these restaurants where the hosts are very welcoming as you enter the establishment. You are led to a table and invited to take your time looking at the menu options. Meanwhile, if it is your first time dining at Undercurrent restaurant, your eyes are likely to wander like mine did and the charming interior design. You will be pleasantly surprised if you were not sure what to expect with Undercurrent restaurant.
- During the past several months, It has been fun for our family to try out lots of new restaurants that we have never been to before in Greensboro, North Carolina. One of my sons loves to say, “Are we going out to eat? Can we try a new restaurant that we have never been to before?” The idea partially took off that way but I had also explained to him that I purchased some pre-paid restaurant gift certificates and they are for an assortment of restaurants. Every gift certificate is for a different restaurant, so there you go. We do not always go to restaurants on the list of restaurants that I have gift certificates for. Sometimes we go “outside that box” but man, those pre-paid gift certificates have been a great discounted deal.
Muffins and biscuits with jam and whipped butter were offered at the start of the meal at UNDERCURRENT RESTAURANT in Greensboro, NC
Breakfast waffle with sausage
A pleasant atmosphere at Undercurrent Restaurant
- I have a pre-paid gift certificate to use at Undercurrent restaurant and the gift certificate is listed as redeemable specifically during dinner hours so we will be returning to this place sometime but on our recent visit, we went there for Sunday brunch and paid with cash.
- We were very pleased with our Sunday brunch selections at Undercurrent restaurant. These selections included large waffles at a cost of $8 each. A side of sausage costs $3. The brunch burger for around $13 was excellent and served with great tasting fries. Very thick cut bacon and a fried egg were among the toppings served on the brunch burger.
- Even before the waffles and the brunch burger had been brought to the table, the polite server brought out complimentary biscuits and muffins as a starter accompanied but jam and soft whipped butter. There was also some olive oil already on the table next to a fresh flower centerpiece. I always love these added touches at restaurants. Even though I mentioned that the olive oil would typically be used if someone ordered a salad, my boys were pretty insistent on having just a little bit of the olive oil on their biscuits and that turned out to be a pretty good idea. I let them have some olive oil and I had some as well on the biscuits.
Overall, our dining experience at Undercurrent restaurant was excellent. The ambiance was lovely as the photos in this hub illustrate. Having a clean atmosphere to dine in with lovely furnishings, design and décor just adds to the quality of the dining experience. There were white columns with clean lines and vibrant paint, dark ceilings with dim and calm lighting, beautiful tables to sit at sans table cloths but with nice quality place mats and cloth napkins. The chairs were cushioned and comfortable and in very good condition.
I have been to some restaurants where there are rips in the seating but you will not see any such thing here. Clean, simple and uncluttered in design, Undercurrent restaurant has some statues and artwork, screens to section off some areas and nice quality dark wood chests /dressers used for storage and organizing.
Of course, the food was very tasty and fresh tasting with very fresh ingredients. Among the food items that we tried and shared up at this restaurant, we can all say that the brunch burger entrée was our favorite item to partake of. It is unanimous.
The brunch burger at Undercurrent Restaurant includes thick bacon and a fried egg and it is delicious!
The interior design and architecture of Undercurrent Restaurant is very beautiful.
Find a classy fine dining experience at Undercurrent Restaurant
Restaurant interior - appearance, atmosphere/ ambience, cleanliness
5 out of 5 stars
Restaurant customer service
4 out of 5 stars
Restaurant food taste and quality
4 out of 5 stars
Restaurant food prices / value for the money
2 out of 5 stars
Undercurrent Restaurant is a bit pricey. The waffle and the burger were among the best priced food items on the menu. Which would you prefer?
If you visited Undercurrent Restaurant, do you think you would be more likely to order the waffle or the burger on the menu?
An interview with the co-owner of Undercurrent Restaurant
The video below is an interview with Wes Wheeler, co-owner of Undercurrent Restaurant.
As of the recording of this video in 2016, Undercurrent Restaurant was an 18 year old restaurant (with a relocation in 2006.) and Wes Wheeler had been co-owner for 1 & 1/2 years so far.
Undercurrent restaurant offers much farm fresh food and prides itself on being a "farm to fork" restaurant.
At the time of this video clip, Wes Wheeler at 35 years old said that he "grew up" in the restaurant business.
GTN's "This is Greensboro" with Rosemary Plyhon - Undercurrent
In the video clip below, Undercurrent Restaurant made this particular list of best restaurants in Greensboro, North Carolina!
© 2018 Nyesha Pagnou MPH