- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Restaurant Style Spinach and Artichoke Dip
I had a coupon for a free jar of Prego cream sauce. Since my husband is not partial to spinach, I put it into the food only I will be eating for variety in my dark leafy greens. Not to mention, it heats up batter in the pasta water so everything is done at the same time. With the leftover parmasan cheese, I made a pasta florentine, sort of. The spinach, sauce, and cheese reminded me of something but I could not fish out of my brain what it was. I made it over and over because it was so good. Then it dawned on me, it was the flavor of the spinach dips at sports bars that I like so much. I had tried several recipes that claim to taste the same, but they all failed expectations. They were thick, too tangy, too fatty, or bland. Buying it premade was about $3 for a few ounces. With the recipe I made, it made a ton. It is easy and perfect for large parties.
- 1 jar garlic parmesan cream sauce, (I use Prego)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmasan cheese
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 1/2 lb frozen spinach
- 2 tbsps garlic powder
- Chop artichoke hearts into small pieces, about a centimeter squared.
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Heat on medium high heat and stir constantly until the cheese melts.
- Eat with bread, chips, or whatever your heart desires
The cream sauce is the key in this ingredient. You can use any brand. I have only tried it with Prego which is where I got the inspiration from.