- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
5 Cheese Lasagne Recipe
5 Cheese Lasagne
What You Will Need Before You Start
- 2 lasagne dishes
- 2 pots
- 1 veg chopping board
- 1 meat chopping board
- 2 clean, sharp, knives
- 2 wooden spoons
- Several airtight containers
- 2 bowls
- preheat oven at 200c
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 medium cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3x 1/2 mixed peppers, sliced julienne
- optional button mushrooms, sliced
- seasoning salt & pepper
- mixed herbs dried
- half a tub soft cheese
- 500g mixed cheese of your liking- I do various chedders, grated
- 1 box pasta sheets
- white sauce 250ml milk, 25g butter, 25g plain flour
- 500g mince or quorn mince if preffered
- 1 tablespoon gravy
- Prep the veg and mince. the butter the lasagne dishes (lightly). Heat up the oil on a medium heat. Soak pasta sheets in room temp water. Grate cheese.
- Brown the mince, add peppers, mushrooms then onions and garlic as they burn quicker.
- Once softened, add the purée and give it a good stir. Remove any excess oil.
- Add the whole tin of chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil. Once it starts bubbling, bring it down to a simmer, add mixed herbs, gravy (if it needs to thicken) and seasoning to taste. Reduce to low heat.
- Make the white sauce on a low to medium heat- melt the butter in another pot, stir in the sifted flour continuously until thoroughly mixed together and slowly add in the milk whilst stirring. If lumps appear you can whisk it until the mixture is smooth, keep stirring until the mixture thickens. Add soft cheese and seasoning.
- Keep pots on the stove but turn off the heat and dry the pasta sheets. In the pasta dishes create layers:- meat, sheet, white sauce, and grated cheese and continue like this until your grated cheese is level with top of dish. Put in the middle of the oven for 30mins.
- Whilst in the oven, prepare the plates. I like to serve mine with some mixed salad leaves, carrot sticks and on occasion garlic baguette slices.
- Turn oven off and let the lasagne rest for 10 mins before taking them out of the oven carefully and dishing up. With any extra slices I like to put into air tight containers when they have cooled and freeze them for up to 4 weeks. Reheating them is quick and easy either 5 mins in the microwave on med-high heat (until hot all the way through) or 15mins in the oven.
© 2015 MFPrincess