Rice Bubble Slices or Bar
A very easy and cheap recipe to do at home. Its one of the kids favorite. You can also make them into different colours as well. The best part is you can use homemade marshmallows as well in this recipe. You can make this and keep them 2 to 3 days ahead as well. If your making this for kids to take it to school freeze it and in the morning just put it in the lunch box it will defrost in 1 hour and it will be ready to eat in minutes. No need to spend fortunes on those Lcm bars. I wrote this recipe on The indian Voice Australia newspaper in October 2014.
- 6 Cups Rice Bubbles
- 300g Marshmallows, 1 packet
- 50 g Butter
- In a large bowl put Marshmallows and butter. Place it in the microwave for 30 sec take marshmallows out of microwave and give it a stir.
- Place the bowl back in the microwave for 1 min. Take the bowl out and give it a good stir. Marshmallows should be melted by now.
- Add rice bubbles to marshmallows and stir until all is mix well and combined. Pour this mixture into a greased pan.
- Using a plastic spoon press the mixture down and even it out on top. Let it cool completely.
- Once cooled, flip the pan and the rice bubble should just come out, slice it and store in a air tight container.
You can also add cocoa powder and flavouring to you bars.
Add it while mixing the mashmallows
© 2014 Asweeni's Kitchen