Roast Chicken with Herbs Recipe
A roasted chicken with different types of herbs is one of the favorite dishes among our family. Not only does it smell incredibly delicious during roasting because of the combinations of chicken, herbs and garlic, it is very tender, juice and tasty. Although the cooking time requires about an hour, the process of roasting a chicken is simple and easy. It can go with almost all types of food - steam rice, stir fried rice, potato, bell peppers, beans and other vegetables.
How do you like Roast Chicken with Herbs recipe?
- 1 Chicken
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Basil Leaves
- 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Rosemary Leaves
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 tbsp Salt, 1 tbsp for the chicken and 1 tbsp for the potato
- 6 Potato, Medium
- 3 Zucchini, Medium, washed and sliced
- 20 Grape Tomatos, Optional
- 1 tbs Garlic Powder, for potato
Cooking Instructions on Marinating and Baking A Chicken
- In a small bowl, mix in 2 table spoons of Olive oil, basil leaves, parsley flakes, oregano, thyme, rosemary leaves, garlic and 1 tbsp of salt.
- Wash the chicken and drain the water. Then transfer the chicken into a container that is large enough to hold the chicken. Spread the mixture under the chicken skin and let it marinates for at least 5 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree, transfer the chicken onto a baking pan and bake the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and cut the potatoes into small pieces, place them in the container that holds the chicken before, mix in garlic powder and the rest of olive oil and salt. Add the potatoes into the roasting pan that is inside the oven with the chicken and bake for 25 minutes with 400 degree. Stir the potatoes every 10 minutes.
- Add zucchinis on top of the potatoes and continue to bake for 5 minutes. Then turn off the oven. Mix the potatoes and zucchinis and let the food sit inside the oven for a minute or two. Then remove the pan out from the oven. Serve with steam rice and grape tomato.
Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Bone Soup
Do not throw away the chicken bone yet after you are done with removing the chicken meat that you want to eat. You can make a very tasty chicken soup with those not so pretty looking bones and it is perfect for making mashed potatoes. Here is how:
- Put all the chicken bone or left over pieces of the chicken such as chicken neck and chicken organs into a large pot. Add in some water and bring it to a boil, then let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove all the solid items and leave only the soup in the pot.
- Wash and cut 15 medium size potatoes into small pieces, cover the pot and cook at medium to low heat for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft enough to be mashed.
- Add in 1 - 2 cups of milk, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, 1 tablespoon of basil leaves, salt and pepper to taste. Stir for a few second, then turn off the heat. Mash the potatoes well.
- Serve with meat and vegetables of your choice. This makes about 5 servings.