Roast Poussin With Homemade Gravy
Do you like this recipe?
This Roast Poussin with homemade gravy is so easy to make and such an elegant dish to present to your guests!
before you start preparing your poussins, take them out the fridge and make sure they are at room temperature before you start roasting them, in this way they will cook more evenly and the sking will be nice and crispy :)
You don't know where to buy poussins?
- 2 Poussins
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Large Potato
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Parsnips
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup White Flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Celery Stick
- Cut onions, carrots, potato, parnips and celery stick in big chunks and place them in a deep baking tray together with the white wine and the chicken broth.
- Brush the poussins with olive oil and salt and place them on top of the vegetables in the tray.
- Place the tray in the oven at 200 degrees celsius and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes take the tray out the oven and, using a spoon, baste your poussins with their own juice. (do this every 10 minutes from now on).
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180 degrees and keep your poussins roasting for an additional hour (basting every 10 minutes).
- When your poussins are cooked, take them out of the oven and leave them to rest in a dish covered with aluminium foil while you prepare the gravy.
- To prepare the gravy, filter the juice from the vegetables and set aside.
- In a large pan, melt the butter, add the white flour and mix until you obrain a smooth paste.
- Add the juice you set aside to the butter-flour paste, mix until smooth and cook on very low heat (stirring) until it's dense.
- Serve your poussins with the vegetables and the grave on the side.