Roasted Chili Hummus Dip
Hummus, A traditional Middle Eastern Appetizer served with pita bread or lavash, can come alive with a touch of Mexico. Transform humdrum hummus into an exciting dip.
roasted chili hummus
Ingredients for Hummus Recipe
- 2 poblano or New Mexico chillies, cored and seeded
- 1 can, 15 oz chick-peas
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Roast the chillies by placing them over an open flame or beneath a preheated broiler for 4 to 6 minutes on each side until the skin is charred. Remove the chilies from the heat and let cool for a few minutes. Using a butter knife scrape the charred skin from the flesh and discard. Remove the seeds and chop the flesh. Drain the chick=peas, reserving about 1/4 cup of the liquid. Place the roasted chilies, chick-peas with their liquid, tahini, lemon juice garlic, parsley, cumin, cayenne pepper,and salt in food processor fitted with a steel blade or in a blender and process until smooth, about 10 seconds. Stop to scrape the sides with a spatula at least once.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and serve with warm pita bread and or raw vegetables. Hummus also makes a tasty sandwich spread.
More Delicious Recipes
- Jamaican Chicken Curry
jamaican chicken curry ,chicken rice scotch bonnet peppers caribbean ethnic. jamaican red stripe beer. Chicken Curry -only better.