Recipe for How to Make Roasted Lamb Chops With Diced Onions and Diced Tomatoes
Recipe for How to Make Roasted Lamb Chops with Diced Onions and Diced Tomatoes
Recipe for How to Make Roasted Lamb Chops with Diced Onions and Tomatoes
ROASTED LAMB CHOPS WITH DICED TOMATOES AND DICED ONIONS
Roasted lamb with diced tomatoes and onions is a truly awesome meal. Lamb is one of my favorite types of meat to eat.
- I would say that lamb and duck are my favorite meats by far. When I cook roasted lamb for my family, everyone enjoys the roasted lamb a whole lot.
- Roasted lamb is also relatively simple to prepare. This recipe hub on HubPages will discuss how to make roasted lamb with diced onions and diced tomatoes.
You would just need to purchase a tray of raw lamb meat at the supermarket. I prefer buying mine at Harris Teeter supermarket. I would cook one or two trays of lamb at a time. Most often, I would cook just one tray of lamb and everyone in the family would get a small portion of the lamb meat. But occasionally, I will cook two trays of lamb meat on the same day. This is a meat that keeps very well in the freezer, just make sure that you remove the meat from the freezer and thaw it out when before you are ready to prepare it.
On special sale price, the lamb meat can sometimes be purchased at Harris Teeter supermarket for about $4.99 per pound. The way that it is packaged, one tray might end up weighing over a pound but less than two pounds, and the lamb meat in the tray might be a total cost of approximately $8.99 plus tax.
Roast Lamb Chop With Diced Onions And Diced Tomatoes
Roast lamb chops with diced tomatoes and onions recipe instructions
Instructions for how to make roasted lamb chops with diced onions and diced tomatoes :
- Let’s say in the case of this roasted lamb with diced tomatoes and onions recipe, you are only cooking one tray of the lamb meat, a little less than 2 pounds of meat. Remove all of the plastic packaging from the fresh or once frozen and thawed meat and empty the meat into a bowl. Rinse the meat well with water and drain the bowl.
- Optionally, squeeze the juice of one or two lemon wedges or lime wedges on the raw lamb meat.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of each of the following spices and seasonings on to the raw, rinsed lamb meat.:
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Sprinkle the spices, spreading evenly on all of the piece of lamb meat. Using disposable food preparation gloves on hands, rub the seasonings well in to the meat, then discard the gloves and wash hands well with antibacterial soap and water.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with foil and grease the foil with a tablespoon of oil for cooking, such as canola oil. Olive oil is also a good choice.
- Arrange the chops of lamb on the greased foil in the baking tray, then drizzle two tablespoons of water around the lamb chops.
- Place the foil lined baking tray containing the lamb chops in the oven.
- Allow the lamb to roast in the oven on this 400 degrees setting for the first 20 minutes. Following the first 20 minutes, reduce the heat setting on the oven to 350 degrees. Continue allowing the lamb to cook for 1 hour.
- Wash, peel and slice one onion. You can cut the onion into slices or chop the onion into diced pieces, whichever you prefer. Additionally wash and chop one tomato. Remove the baking tray with the lamb from the oven. Sprinkle a generous amount of the sliced onion and chopped tomato on to the lamb. The amount of onion and tomato that you use is as much as you desire, really.
- Then placed the baking tray that contains the lamb topped with onion and tomato back into the oven and continue cooking for just 15 minutes. Then turn the oven off and remove the baking tray from the oven.
That’s it. This elegant meal of roast lamb with diced onion and tomato is ready for you to serve and enjoy eating! This lamb meal is truly a family favorite.
Please rate this lamb recipe
1. How to Make Roast Leg of Lamb
2. Roast Irish Lamb with Rosemary and Garlic
3. How to Make Persian Style Lamb Roast
4. Moroccan Grilled Lamb Chop Recipe
5. How to Make Oven Lamb Chops
6. Grill luscious, mouthwatering lamb chops like a pro
7. Grilled Lamb Chops w/ Garlic & Rosemary
© 2018 Nyesha Pagnou MPH