- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Learn How To Roast A Leg Of Lamb in 3 Easy Steps.
Roasted Leg of Lamb
Quick and Easy Recipe for Roasted Leg of Lamb.
For a delicious change of pace, try this Roasted Meat! Lamb has been served for dinner for centuries... even in Biblical Times.
My mother was not much of a cook, however, even she hit a home run when she roasted a leg of lamb.
I have found that the best and less gamey tasting Lamb comes from The United States of America and Australia. I am sure if you raise your own Lamb, it beats them both. I remember inviting a farmer over for dinner and when I served my roasted lamb, she was amazed at the delicious flavor. She never had Roasted Lamb before! I never ran a farm, so I found it interesting that I introduced her to something new.
To Dry or not to dry...
I find that if you wash and dry your meat before you roast it, it roasts much better. And yes, I learned this from Julia. Before I saw the movie, I just washed the roast and added the spices and salt and pepper. it really does make a difference.
If you do have any leftovers, you can cube the leftovers and add to any Pot Pie dish, or throw into a soup or stew. I put the drained, roasting pan drippings into a mason jar and remove the fat, the next day. Then I make a simple gravy and pour the gravy over some warmed, sliced lamb that is placed on some very fresh bread for open lamb sandwiches the next day.
The Lamb Bone can add great flavor to a stew or winter broth. I roast the bone again and transfer the bone to a pot of water. Then I add some chopped onion, carrots and celery, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for about an hour. Cool and put the broth into ice cube trays. Freeze over night and then take the cubes out of the tray and transfer to a freezer bad. You can use these cubes in the wintertime for a tasty clear broth. Put a few in a pot, add some water and pour into your favorite coffee cup.
Until we meet again...Francesca27
Roasted Leg of Lamb
- 6 Pound Fresh Leg of Lamb, Washed and Patted Dry with Paper Towels
- 1/2 Cup Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Dried Rosemary, Crushed or Blended in a Coffee Grinder
- 2 Tablespoons Sea Salt
- 2 Heads Garlic, Crushed with Skin On.
- 1 Bunch Rosemary, Whole
- 2 Cups Filtered Water
- 1 teaspoon Pepper, Freshly Ground
- Wash Leg of Lamb and pat dry with Paper Towels.
- Rub all sides of Lamb with the Garlic Powder, Rosemary, Pepper and Sea Salt.
- In a Turkey Roaster, or any other covered Baking Dish, Place the Crushed Garlic, Bunch of Rosemary and Water in the bottom of the Roaster Pan. Add a Rack.
- Place the Lamb on the Rack and Cover.
- Bake in a 350 Degree Oven 1/2 an hour to the pound. Or until a Meat Thermometer Reads 170. Let Roast Rest for 10 Minutes.
More Recepies and Tips.
- Simple Survival Guide with Storage Item Suggestions, Necessary for the 21st. Century.
This survival guide with added storage item suggestions has saved my family thousands of dollars and many less trips to the markets. In fact we hardly go grocery shopping in the winter months. When we do go shopping we never buy more than 4 or 5 item
- Amazing Stuffed Zucchini and Stuffed Eggplant Recip...
Amazing Recipe for Stuffed Zucchini and Stuffed Eggplants. Simple and less time consuming than the traditional fried method. By cutting out the dipping, breading and frying part of the traditional method you will be saving hundreds of calories. Belie
- Pickled Yellow Squash...An Amazing Recipe For What T...
If you've ever wondered what to do with all that squash your neighbors, friends or family have been giving you, then this is the recipe for you. With a little effort you will have delicious pickled squash to enjoy this winter. You will smile when you
- Simple and Quick Pie Crust Recipe with a Fiber Rich ...
Parsley Pie is a vitamin rich main dish that adds plenty of natural fiber to your diet. Whether you live in a city apartment or enjoy a backyard garden, anyone can grow parsley in a container on a windowsill, or in the ground. It only takes a few ing
- How to Harvest Herbs From The Garden to Last All Win...
Fresh Herbs will save you money, time and energy, if you Grow and Store them for the Winter Time. Herbs require little attention. They love the sunshine and will grow for your entertainment and dinner table. Herbs are our friends. They take just a li
- Awesome and Easy Recipe to Make Delicious Pinto Bean...
My meatless pinto bean recipe will put a smile on the bean lovers in your family. It will also be welcomed at any picnic that requires you to bring a covered dish. Give my recipe a try and make the world smile!