Roasted lemongrass chicken with sweet lime sauce recipe
Lemongrass is healthy and it goes well with chicken. Together with lime sauce it makes a delicious, nutritious and easy recipe.
- 0.5 chicken
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, grated or thinly sliced
- 0.5 can coconut milk, thick
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 lime leaves
- lime wedges
- fresh coriander
- FOR THE SAUCE .
- 1 cup water
- 0.5 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp rice venegar
- 1 thumb-size piece ginger, minced or grated
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 heaping tsp, dissolved in three tbsp water arrowroot or cornstarch powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken.
- Place lemongrass, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, soy sauce, lime leaf, and coconut milk in a food processor. Make a fine paste.
- Place the chicken in your roasting pan, and pour the marinade over top.
- Leave in the refrigerator for up to three hours.
- Cover and roast the chicken at 180 degree for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is roasting, make the side sauce.
- In a sauce pan, add all sauce ingredients except arrowroot powder (or cornstarch powder).
- Bring to boil, then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Take taste test for sweetness and saltiness, add more honey if not sweet enough, or more fish sauce (instead of salt) as desired.
- If you prefer a spicy sauce, add some fresh chilli or chilli sauce.
- Add the arrowroot or cornstarch powder (dissolved in water)
- Stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve the roasted chicken on a platter, either whole or chopped into pieces.
- Drizzle some of the sauce overtops, then pour the rest around the outside of chicken, or serve it on the side.
- Garnish with lime slices or wedges, and fresh coriander. Serve hot.