Recipe - Rose Jam - Flower Petals
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Ready in: 40 min
- Yields: One 500ml jar
- 30-40 -roses, choose aromatic
- 1.2kg -sugar, white
- 720ml -water
- 3-4 -drops of lemon juice
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet."
- Separate rose petals from the flower and place them on the strainer to strain the water.
- Add sugar and water into a middle size cooking pot and place it on the heat. Keep stirring until sugar is dissolved and you have prepared a very diluted sirup.
- Add the petals into the sirup and keep it boiling on low heat until the dessert is ready.
- Remove it from the fire and add immediately 3-4 drops of lemon. Lemon juice helps to prevent caramelization.
- Once it's cold place into a jar.
|Serving size: 1 teaspoon 18g |
|Calories ||40 |
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Sugar 18 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Check out my other recipes
- Khashlama - Armenian Recipe
Bellow you can find an authentic armenian recipe of the dish called khashlama. The dish has been prepared by Armenians for centuries, since the Arch of Noah reached the mountain Ararat.
- Greek Recipe: Chocolate Lenten Cake
This recipe is for people who are vegetarians, for people who are trying to loose some weight and for everyone who likes all types of chocolate cakes. NO MILK NO EGGS NO BUTTER ADDED IN THE RECIPE.
- Armenian recipe: Bread Matnakash
Armenian recipe for traditional bread called Matnakash. It was baked for many centuries by native Armenians. It is easily baked even in house conditions. You will be surprised how tasty and soft it is.