Recipe - Rose Jam - Flower Petals
For those romantic souls who like flowers and especially roses, the bellow recipe of jam made from fresh rose petals won't leave indifferent. The aroma, the colour and the procedure of making it will satisfy your senses of taste, smell and sight. The jam can be consumed as it is or added as a sweet sauce to ice cream and cake cream.
- 30-40 -roses, choose aromatic ones
- 1.2kg -sugar, white
- 720ml -water
- 3-4 -drops of lemon juice
- Separate rose petals from the flower, wash them and place on the strainer to strain the water.
- Add sugar and water into a middle size cooking pot and place it on the heat. Keep stirring until sugar is dissolved and you have prepared a very diluted syrup.
- Add the petals into the syrup and keep it boiling on low heat until the dessert is ready.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add immediately 3-4 drops of lemon. Lemon juice helps to prevent caramelization.
- Once it's cold place into a jar.
|Serving size: 1 teaspoon 18g|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Sugar 18 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Check out my other recipes
- Khashlama - Armenian Recipe
Bellow you can find an authentic armenian recipe of the dish called khashlama. The dish has been prepared by Armenians for centuries, since the Arch of Noah reached the mountain Ararat.
- Greek Recipe: Chocolate Lenten Cake
This recipe is for people who are vegetarians, for people who are trying to loose some weight and for everyone who likes all types of chocolate cakes. NO MILK NO EGGS NO BUTTER ADDED IN THE RECIPE.
- Armenian recipe: Bread Matnakash
Armenian recipe for traditional bread called Matnakash. It was baked for many centuries by native Armenians. It is easily baked even in house conditions. You will be surprised how tasty and soft it is.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2013 SAM ELDER